24.4.09

Ninin and other stories...

Good Afternoon Dear Friends,

I hope your day has been good by now, I have been very busy in boring working stuff today, so no space for creativity...

I am quite excited anyway...I have a lot going on (all of a sudden)...IT ALL BEGAN YESTERDAY....I took out my clay tools, all of them, I cleaned my work place and I just took a piece of fimo dolls I was seriously intentioned to take my time: I am used to work always in a hurry, because I don't like works in progress and I always have Davy and Laura calling me in order to have something done >_<... I have begun working very carefully and relaxed and I am now impressed of how different the out coming work is... Please, judge yourself:
This is Ninin, a male fairy or pixie, I still don't know exactly...don't you think I am getting better???




I have been searching the web for ooak dolls all the time in the last 2 months, and just observing, studying tutorials checking proportions...I think my observation work is giving its first results!

I will have to accept working "on and off"...but that's ok...

This will be my first doll with wool hair (I'll give it a trial)

I really hope you guys like him!



NOW-------have now a look at this--------





I have been making bricks...since I cannot buy myself a doll house I have decided to build myself one with maybe cardboard and bricks...you'll probably not be able to see the results this year...it's really a lot of work making bricks this way...but they are rather cheap é_è well at least is what I can afford at the moment...

I would like to try to recuperate some costs selling some of the things I have done especially boxes and so...but I still have to organize for that I am not really the commercial person and I love the things I make...I cannot keep everything anyway and my hobbies are all quiet expensive so...

About give away my things... do you remember the red-orange box with roses?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PVn90nXK2jk/SZl1LFrwLpI/AAAAAAAAAPg/WPWxwZgw1mA/s1600-h/PICT1851.JPG

here in Belgium, when a baby is born the family makes little boxes or little sacs with chocolate sugar candies to give to friends and family...a friend of mine asked me that box to put her candy sacs in it...

I like the use therefore it will be easier to give it...

To cheer myself up from the loss >_< I am making another box! =^_^=...this is the lid:




the shapes are castings, I painted the lid and glued the shapes on top of it, together with the ribbon...next step is glossing the lid (the shapes will remain unpainted or maybe some golden touch...)

To finish this super positive post I'am going to show you some shopping I have made lately...

A SEAL WITH MY INITIAL AND SEALING WAX (I have it red and bronze colour)



Some glass eyes for future dolls...


Micro Buttons! (believe me they are cute!!!!!)

And these book-like carton boxes...I thought about decorating them with a 3D cut work...



Do you have any other suggestions???
Well, I guess it's all for the moment...I thank you for your attention and I hope you enjoyed the updates.
It will be family party for Laura's birthday on Sunday, so possibly no updates for a few days.
I wish you a nice weekend with sun, friendship and joy!
A big Hug to all of you
XXX

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love how your pixie/fairy is turning out- I have not followed your blog for very long, but I think you have done very well on him!!

Debbie said...

Eva have you thought about doing a miniature scene in one of the Books?

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@Kim: Thanks a lot Kim! Your support is very appreciated! I hope you'll like the finished version as well! Crafty Hugs

@Debbie: Debbie it is a great idea indeed! I have never done that...I mean a full scene...that would be great maybe design the cover like the one of a real book and make a scene inside acoording to the book title and topic! =^_^= thanks for the suggestion! Crafty Hugs