29.11.09

IF: Entangled




Entangled- Eva Russo -Pencil and watercolour

Doster the chief of the drapins* wanted the egg of the felix bird** more than anything else. the egg would have brought them the never-ending wish.
He sent out his warrior drapins and they tied up the innocent bird in a thick rope so that they could steal the egg...

They didn't know that the egg was loosing the magic when stolen...O_o
* Drapins are dragons having some rabbits (from the French word for rabbit = lapin) features like prominent teeth and long ears.
**the Felix bird is a bird who can rise from its own ash like the fenix and it lays the never-ending wish eggs. the one deserving it, will have all his wishes coming true...

12 comments:

Kim said...

Wonderful! Serves Doster right for stealing a wish!! How was the movie- did you get to see New Moon?

Hugs to you today my friend!!

Saskia said...

Eva,

Wow... wat ben je creatief en heb je prachtige ideeën!!

Saskia :)

Sascratch said...

beautiful artwork!!!

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@Kim: Thanks Kim! That's the deserved lesson for the evil Doster!
My Husband didn't bring me to the cinema...we went with Laura to "Arthur and the revenge of Malthazar" it was ok too (the minimoys are a very nice mini folk - do you know them?)
Hugs to you dear Kim!
xxx

@saskia: Hoi Saskia! Thanks for your nice comment! I am happy you like this illo :)
I will be able to bring your parcel to the mail office tomorrow :) x

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@sascratch: thanks a lot! I have visited your site and I love your works ^_^
thanks for your visit too!

ElegantSnobbery said...

Very nice and I love your story to go with it!!

Shirley said...

How creative and clever, Evilla!! Wonderful illustration - I love the detailed entangled movement on the tree and unfortunately binding the poor bird. Great job! I am always grateful for your visits, thank you for stopping by! What a great blog you have!!

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@ElegantSnobbery: thank you very much! I love your blog and i am very happy you passed by! Take Care

@Shirley:I am always full of admiration when i pass by your site and I see your last illos! You are really good and you really are an inspiration for me.
I thanks you so very very much for the lovely comments and support!
x

Eva said...

love the dragon!!! and the colours as well!

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@Eva: Thanks Eva, but be aware he is a very mean dude!

Shirley said...

You are TOO kind and generous. Thank you Eva! : )

Nicola said...

Gorgeous colours!!! And such a lovely character!!! :0)