11.11.09

Illustration Friday: BLUR




Mermaid Blur - watercolours and watercolour pencils on extra rough paper acid free 50% cotton 24x30 cm (9.5"x 11.75")



Everything is just a blur when the little mermaid lets her beautiful blue hair float under the sea...




Hi Dear Friends,


Today is holiday in Belgium so I didn't have to work.



I have than finished my entry for the illustration Friday...


it is the first time I use extra rough paper and I literally LOVE iT!



the reactions of the paper are sometimes difficult to foresee and I am still far from mastering the technique but it's a great feeling to paint on this paper and I am surely going to do it again!


the paradise bird of the previous post is for sale and I have almost finished my alice, here some shoots:

this is a (bad quality) picture of the sketch: the drawing is too big (A3) for my scanner that's why I can just provide this bad pictures...



and here the first colouring and some details...








this is my first drawing with background, I mean...a complete illustration. I am not really happy about the colouring, but I'll wait when it's finished to set up my feelings about it!

now I have to leave the PC to my hubby: he has bough a game called EURO TRUCK in which you have to drive a mega truck and go deliver goods all around Europe and he is still in the "addiction" phase...and he is claiming to get the mouse! ^_^

I wish you a good evening

write to you soon
XXX
Eva

9 comments:

theartofpuro said...

Vey nice illos,love the colours,they are so soft!

Kim said...

I am the opposite- I love the hot press watercolor paper that is smooth and sooo soo soft. The beginnings of Alice in Wonderland are so awesome- I love it already and it is only just started. Wonderful work Eva ♥

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Hi Eva.

I wanted to email you to thank you for your gift, but i can not find your email address or an old email from you.
I tidied all my emails up and must have deleted them by mistake.
Could you email me and then i will email you back.

Nikki xxx

tanja said...

love the curly waves - very flowing and sensual

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@theartofpuro: Grazie mille! mi fa piacere che ti piacciano mi incoraggia un po': a volte mi sembra di non migliorare mai!

@kim: being honest i love all kinds of paper (I am a paper addicted!) but I have been really surprised of the performance of this paper i never tried before. The negative point of this paper is that it's not really keen to sketches and you cannot erase on it...
thanks for the lovely compliment on my Alice...I hope i don't bust it underway!

@Nikki: Hi Nikki, I have just sent you an e-mail! ;-)
Thanks!

@Tanja: thanks a lot Tanja! and thanks for visiting too!

MammaChicca said...

Ma sei bravissima Eva, l'inizio di Alice nel paese delle meraviglia è davvero mervagilioso. Complimenti!!

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@MammaChicca: Grazie mille! ^_^ io non sono mai contenta di quello che faccio...forse è una mancanza di autostima?! certo è che i vostri commenti così carini mi fanno davvero felice e mi danno anche tanta voglia di continuare a creare!
GRAZIE!

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Forgot to tell you this painting is going to be wonderful when complete.

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@Nikki: thanks a lot Nikki, I am always very critic about what I do...my enthusiasm mostly ends up in frustration. I am really doing my best with this one!