2.12.09

Evilla's cove Birthday: we celebrate with a Candy....

Good Morning Dear friends,

I hope you are all doing fine and that a lot of colours fill your days.

I begin to miss all that here in Belgium: COLOURS Since a few days...almost a few weeks actually...the sun is definitely missing and all the colours seem to be melting into a grey scale.

This is the worse period for me as an emigrant. I cannot state that where I was used to leave in Italy it was always sunny, but surely more often than here and there were colours that I get to see here only in spring and in a few lucky days random in the year (my English went wrong i think...but i trust you'll understand what i mean)...OK...I'll stop complaining and I get to Business....

I don't really have finished works to show...or better...i cannot show the finished works i have since they are destined to some friends who often pass by to visit "the cove" so i am going to show you a WIP I am drawing.

This is the drawing that I have made on my sketchbook for a new character 'Peacock' she will be one of the new circus Characters...

I hope you like it...


click on the picture to see bigger version

I am not decided yet if i want to make a postcard or a little drawing (18x24 cm - 7"x9.5")
it will be coloured with watercolour or pencils...you'll get to know soon...
I plan to work on it this evening...

I have to complain again...this time about myself! I have bought a very professional set of pencils and I cannot help using super cheap BIC pencils I have bought at the supermarket...
é_è I am scared of my new pencils!!!!!!

Ok...I am so freaky from time to time!

=========

In the meantime Prunella's Cove has reached its 1 year of life!

I want to celebrate by offering to you a little Candy...

this time it's a little trickier...

You have to guess what is represented in the picture below (this is just a cut out of the big picture): the picture is a drawing I have made of something I have crafted...you have to guess WHAT I have crafted.




You have time to guess until the 6th o January, the day of the Befana (we celebrate this recurrence in Italy)
I will than pick one name among the (most) correct answers.

I will possibly post some hints and maybe a new picture so...keep tuned!

I hope you'll participate all!

I send you a big hug and I leave you a super funny link i have found in my daily surfing hour....

Granny O Grimm

Have a look she is super cool and hilarious!
xxx

7 comments:

rosanna said...

Ciao Eva, buon compliblog. Come ti capisco per le matite nuove...anche a me viene il braccino corto quando si tratta di inaugurare n nuovo set. Sono così belle da nuove. Ma sono anche meglio un po' sciupatine. Dai, colora !!! un abbraccio Rosanna
PS fino a ieri anche qui era tutto grigio topo. Pioveva ininterrottamente da tre giorni, non ne potevo più.

Eva said...

Congratulations!!
I am thinking, I am thinking....

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@Rosanna: grazie Rosanna, parteciperai al candy vero?
Ieri sera ho provato con le matite, ma mi ci vorrà un po' credo ^_^
PS abbiamo rotto le tuibature del pianeta e adesso perdono! O_o

@Eva: thanks! keep an eye to the hints! ;-)

Saskia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saskia said...

Eva,

Wat een leuke candy... spannend! De kleuren zijn alvast mooi van je creatie...Euh... momenteel zie ik een supermooie handtas, met grote knopen en een mooie sluiting... ja! :) :) Hopelijk mag ik nog eens een gokje wagen binnenkort?

Saskia :)

Kim said...

LOVE peacock!! good thing you are doing such wonderful work lately and putting your own color into the world :) They say the best way to get over the fear of a new art journal or using a new art supply is to jump in and go for it! Those new pencils are in their case just begging to create beauty- how can you deny them?? I guess that the picture is one of your stuffed and beaded creations in an owl :) Have a wonderful day Eva!!!

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

@Saskia: dank u Saskia, I think you are allowed to try it again ;)
@Kim: I have finally used the pencils...It's not so bad ^_^"
thanks a lot for your kind comment. I am enjoying the painting and creating with felt
(;-). I am very happy you like Peacock/ i am going to write a new circus story shortly!
take care and have a great weekend!