27.10.10

Manga portfolio and some doodle mood....

Good Morning Dear friends!
Long time no see...
That's because I am very busy (understatement) with so many things (great understatement) that I barely have time to sleep ^_^'

I want to share with you my progress (I am being optimistic)

And my ambitious projects...

here below you'll see my new drawings and my first attempt to a comic...I know...I cannot even walk and I try to run, but i think pushing myslef to do bigger things will help me to improve.
I think the secret is being ready to experience a great failure and learn from it...that's how I am...

I have a completely new portfolio and I am very happy with it. Take a look if you want E.Ru -traditional art.

here we go...(click on images for bigger version)
I am working on charachter consistency...



this is Kel, My OC (© Eva Russo 2010)

ID card:
Full Name: Kel Van Regenmortel
Birthdate: 22/09/1992
height: 185 cm
weight: 78 kg
special features: octopus tattoo on his chest
nationality: Dutch (from Dutch mother and Swedish father)
Nickname: Soho
likes: fishing, playing darts, kissing and sleep naked
dislikes: pijamas, eating meat, birds, wake up early





I am busy with a few comic projects some on my own and some in cooperation with a writer friend of mine

the following pictures are taken from my "graphic novel to be" the howl of the cherry blossom (© Eva Russo 2010)



Brass - the howl of the cherry blossom © Eva Russo 2010



 
Kopper - the howl of the cherry blossom © Eva Russo 2010


and here the cover to the first part of the story featuring Brass (he is a steampunk ninja...O_o)


This is made all traditionally and the screen tones are applied by hand (old school ^^')
the colouring is ink and copic markers) I hope you like it since I am proud of my ugly duckling ^_^

To finish I want to present you the work I have done by now for my cooperation with Liên C.
the title of the novel is THE LAST COMMAND © Liên C. + Eva Russo 2010

some Character Study for Akira the male main character:




And especially for you the cover and first page of THE LAST COMMAND © Liên C. + Eva Russo 2010

the story is about Yuna a shrine girl and Akira a mysterious samurai with a black tattoed tear under his left eye...




I have have made the storyboard, drawings colouring digital adjustments and lettering and the whole thing myself and that made me understand how limited I still am and how much work there is behind a comic.

I know it's far from being good, but I like it to be my first attempt as un unprofessional ^_^

please, let me know what you think, I will appreciate critique and comments.

Thanks so much for viewing and for bearing with my unsettled self!

I love you all!
XXX
Eva

3 comments:

Kim said...

Eva- I'm so glad to see you post- what a wonderful direction your art is going! I really like your storyboard-to me it looks fabulous, but I don't draw comics so don't have much in the form of criticism for you :( I love Kel ♥ Good luck with your venture my friend ♥

Vecchio Diavolo said...

Dear Kim! You never ever let me down!
You cannot imagine how much that means to me.
Thanks so much for your kind words.
I hope you are doing fine and I wish you bright days, happiness and love!
xxx

Nicola said...

Wow you have been busy!!! Loving your story board and new characters I think they are fantastic and I love your art! How exciting! I think it's fantastic that you are aiming high!!! Good for you! I'm sure you can do it! :0)